This position combines software architecture, technical leadership, and team management responsibilities. As CyPhy Works’ Software Engineering Director, you will be leading the software architecture, development and test efforts of aerial robotic solutions and products, i.e. high performance, complex electro-mechanical systems used in harsh environments. These robotic systems solve our customer’s problems by being integrated into cloud and enterprise software and, therefore, your background spanning these areas is critical experience. These applications cut across industries such as construction, agriculture, transportation, emergency response and defense. You will be working as part of an integrated team with experienced system, mechanical, electrical and software engineers in a fast-paced environment. You will lead a diverse, highly technical software team through full-lifecycle engineering programs. Your team-work and team leadership skills must be demonstrably excellent.
You will supervise several critical functions:
- Collaborate with Product Management, System Engineering and other discipline leads to develop Software Requirements, and to extend/design a robust, modular, flexible, and safe Software Architecture that meets future product capabilities and conforms to overall system constraints
- Supervise development and test of software that integrates multiple subsystems and interfaces to external systems. Software developing and operating environments are Linux, Windows, Android and iOS as well as microcontrollers and FPGAs environments. Technologies include web services and RESTful APIs, data warehousing, data security, flight controllers, motor control,sensors, video compression / decompression, data visualization and analysis, machine learning, distributed real-time, safety-critical systems. Primary languages include C/C++, python.
- Lead the Software Engineering group to design and implement core software infrastructure, common tools and process standardization to support all subsystems
The following experience is required:
- Expert-level knowledge of embedded, multi-platform, and distributed software systems.
- A track record combining disparate platforms involving high-end computing down to dedicated/embedded devices, and complex software involving sophisticated algorithms, hardware control, sensor data integration, and user interfaces
- Software to communicate with external, cloud and enterprise systems
- Relevant industrial experience such as aircraft and aerospace, robotics, automotive design and consumer products
- Hiring and mentoring a diverse team of software engineers
- Configuration management / build toolchains
- Ten (10)+ years experience in a technical leadership role or equivalent
- Fifteen (15)+ years of technical work experience or equivalent
- B.S. Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- Masters or PhD degrees desired as long as reflect pragmatic, design-oriented efforts
CyPhy Works is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume to email@example.com with the job title in subject line.